2020 RIDE for Smile Train: Home Edition
Join us on November 14, 2020Donate To This Event
RIDE with us on November 14th
At home or on the road join us for the RIDE for Smile Train: Home Edition. Registration is free and fundraising is encouraged through the SMILE perk levels.
This is not your typical virtual event. It’s an opportunity to ride with us from the comforts of your home or community roads. It’s a commitment to changing the world with each pump of your pedals. And above all, it's a celebration of the power of a smile.
How to Join Us
- Commit! Register by making an account and launching a fundraising page. Then, invite your friends and family to join you on this journey.
- Donate & Fundraise! There is no required fundraising goal, but we want your miles to be turned into smiles. Email, text, post, and tag - we are here to provide you with tools and ideas on how to fundraise, even in our socially distant climate. Get started early to ensure your SMILE perk items are delivered in time for RIDE day.
- Get Ready! Prepare for the RIDE for Smile Train: Home Edition by taking on the Miles for Smiles Strava Challenge.
- RIDE! On Saturday, November 14th, join us for an exclusive ZWIFT event or take to your community roads for a route and distance of your choice (stationary bikes are okay too!). Be sure to tune into our LIVE broadcast event at 9:30 am EST for our opening ceremony and commentated Zwift ride.
Sunday, November 1st- Saturday, November 7th
- Miles for Smiles Strava Challenge: Athletes will be challenged to record 250-minutes of activity in the fitness-based platform, Strava, representative of the fact that as little as $250 can cover the cost of one lifesaving cleft surgery for a child in need. Participants who complete the challenge will receive a 15% discount code to Hyperice*, 35% discount code to Rudy Project and the chance to win a grand prize complete with a NormaTec 2.0 Leg Recovery System (MSRP $1,295) and a Rudy Project Helmet (MSRP $400).
*A portion of all proceeds of Hyperice purchases made with the team discount code will benefit Smile Train.
Friday, November 13th
- 1:00 pm EST Coffee Chat with Smile Train CEO and Global Staff open to Inspire Perk Level members only
Saturday, November 14th
- 9:30 – 10:00 am EST: LIVE Opening Ceremony and Start Line
- 10:00 – 12:00 pm EST: RIDE with us on Zwift Indoors or Outdoors on your own
SMILE Perk Levels
Smile Box $50 – You will receive a Smile Train water bottle, wrist band, sticker, buff, RIDE bib, and 20% discount card to Hyperice
Support $250 – You will receive a RIDE hat and challenge coin
Motivate $500 – You will receive a RIDE jersey and cycling shorts (plus all items from the Support level)
Inspire $1,000 – You will receive an exclusive invite to a virtual coffee chat with Smile Train President and CEO, Susannah Schaefer and members of our global programs staff (plus all items from Support and Motivate levels)
Lead $2,500 – You will receive a free 6-month subscription to Ladder Teams and an invite to a virtual "Matcha Meet" with Jennifer Jacobs (plus all items from Support, Motivate and Inspire levels).
Empower $3,500 – You will receive free registration (valued up to $100) plus 20% off fundraising commitment for the 2021 in-person ride event, plus your name on an official donor recognition plaque featured in a Smile Train partner hospital! (You will also receive all items from Support, Motivate, Inspire and Lead levels).
Questions? Contact Us: [email protected]